HELPFUL TIPS FOR FIRST TIMERS AT BOXR
Are you a BOXR? Boxed, but never been to BOXR? What’s group training? What exactly am I sculpting? Power? I thought that was a TV series? Is BOXR a cult?
As soon as you step into our space you are part of our family, the #BOXRTribe, and we have your back. You will have all the answers to the above questions and then some!
We know that stepping out of your comfort zone can be nerve-wracking. What do you wear? Where do you park? How do the lockers work? What gear is needed? Who’s the cutest instructor? We’ll help you with the first few and let you decide on the last one.
- Arrive early for your first class. 20 minutes before class begins is ideal. First timers, arriving with 10 minutes or less before class start, may not have enough time to properly prepare.
- Bring indoor shoes. Bare foot is permitted when stretching, but we strongly recommend shoes.
- Bring a water bottle or grab one of ours from our BOXR shakebar.
- Our rental gloves are premium, leather gloves. They rival the quality of premium boxing gloves on the market. We also have a very fancy glove dryer so gloves are sanitized and fresh for you. However, bring your own gloves if you like!
- You’ll need hand wraps. These go on your hands before you put gloves on. Hand wraps are a one time purchase of £10 (Slip on or wraps available). You can wash and re-use these for a long time!
- Watch this How To Wrap Your Hands video! Unfortunately our instructors and staff are not going to be available to help you wrap your hands due to set-up commitments. Wrapping hands takes less than 1 minute when you’re experienced but can take 5+ minutes if you are just learning. Our slip-on wraps cut that time down to 10 seconds, and make life that bit easier.
- Do sign up through Mind Body so that your waiver is already filled out, to save yourself paperwork at the front desk.
- Wear whatever you’d like to sweat in. Shorts? Sure. Leather vest? Cool. Or, shop some of our BOXR gear!
- Bring some extra change to take advantage of our BOXR shakebar! Coffee, shakes and healthy protein bars. Fuel up with protein after a workout so that you can reap the benefits of your hard work.
We also do Personal Training
You know where you want to go.
Maximise your training and get there fast with Personal Training.
At BOXR we aim for more than just fitness. It’s being part of a lifestyle. A tribe. An experience. We believe in strength in numbers. The power of community and being part of something bigger.